Certificate IV in Ageing Support
This qualification reflects the role of personal care workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community based environments.
Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
Workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quantity and quality of outputs of others within limited parameters. To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 160 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
The duration of this course is 9-11 months depending on experience and chosen study mode
All pricing options come with a flexible payment plan
Online self-paced100% online
Blended deliveryOnline with virtual classes
RPLRecognise oyur skills
We are committed to ensuring that you gain the best possible outcome from your course and have determined the following entry requirements to ensure you have the best chance of successfully completing your course
You must have access to
- Internet access
- A computer
- Access to Microsoft Office
You must have up to date vaccinations this will include immunisations for:
- The Flu
- Heppatitis A and B
Must have a clear national police check and a current Working with Children Check at the time of placement
NDIS Orientation Mdoule
Under the NDIS code of Conduct, you are required to have completed the following requirements prior to placement.
Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’
This module has been developed to assist NDIS workers to better support people with disability
NDIS Workers Screening Check
From 1 February 2021, everyone who works for a Registered NDIS Provider – and some other workers – in ‘risk-assessed roles’ must have clearance to do so.
This process can take up to 5-weeks to complete, so we suggest you complete the application as soon as possible
Course Completion Pathways
- Personal Care Worker
- Community Worker
- Homecare Worker
- Care Supervisor
- Certificate IV in Mental Health
- Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- Diploma of Community Services
- Diploma of Leisure and Health
You are required to complete a total of 18 units of competency, consisting of 15 core untis and 3 elective units.
Our structure has been broken down into 10 workbooks to reduce the repition of skills, knowledge taught and a reduction on the time it takes to complete this qualification.
The units of competency are:
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTWHS002 -Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCCCS023 - Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCAGE005 - Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCPAL001 - Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCADV001 - Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE004 - Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE001 - Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003 - Coordinate services for older people
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks with collaborative partnerships
- CHCCCS025 - Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCCCS006 - Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- HLTAID011 - Provide first Aid
- CHCDIS007 - Facilitate the Empowerment of people with a disability
- This course is delivered 2 days of virtual face-to-face training a week for 49 weeks
- 14 hours per week of structured self-paced learning and assessment
- 160 hours of placement scheduled from 4 to 9 weeks
- Weekly live chat with trainers
- Additional assisted study days as required
Practical placement is a great opportunity to demonstrate the skills you have learned to potential employers. You will be required to complete 160 hours of placement over a 4-9 weeks period.
We offer flexible weekly or monthly payment plans which can suit any budget. Your exact instalments will depend on your chosen duration of study and prior experience and credit transfers.
Industry Currency uses an external merchant provider Ezypay to facilitate collection of payments. This can result in additional charges for missed or failed payments. You will be required to complete a Direct Debit Request (DDR) during the enrolment process, which will include all of the fees and charges relating to collection of payment.
There is a $2.00 fee for setting up the payment plan. We have included this as part of your fees.
All courses require a $100 non-refundable deposit to cover administrative costs. This is included in the cost of the course.
We provide the following resources
- All Learning material and Assessment workbooks
- Simulation material
- Access to Office 365 (if required)
- Access to Industry Hub, our online Learning Management System
- We locate placement for you
- We provide an option for a discounted police check
- Weekly live chats with trainers
To complete this course successfully you will need:
- Internet access
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
You will be required to complete role-play tasks as part of the course. Its important you have access to least four (5) people for role-play tasks (friends, family members, orcolleagues, etc.). You will also need accessing to a recording device such as a phone, camera etc.
This can be delierved in the following ways
- On the job (must be employed)
- Virtual face to face training
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
We assess students using a combination of methods such as:
- Written and verbal questions
- Third Pary Evidence